How To Find Good Persuasive Essay Examples For College Students
If you need a good essay example to look at so you know how to write and format your own paper, then you don’t need to go any farther than an online search. Believe it or not there are quite a number of sources to get your example paper from. As you browse the numerous possibilities, just be sure you choose something that’s high quality and from a reputable source.
There’s no sense in obtaining a low quality example and then using it to write a low quality college paper with. The persuasive essay sample you obtain can help you in a number of different ways, including:
- Showing you how to write a catchy title to grab your readers’ attention.
- A thesis statement or question you can use as a model.
- Seeing how they incorporated APA or another style format.
- The reference list; how was it organized and how many sources were used.
- Sentence structure and how transitions were utilized between each paragraph or main idea.
A persuasive essay should incorporate the following characteristics:
- Motivates the reader to take an action or support a particular point of view.
- Attracts attention to a specific side of an argument.
- Stimulates interest in comparing different viewpoints and then supporting one of the viewpoints as the most logical to agree with.
- Uses supporting evidence and arguments to sway the reader’s opinion to match your own.
- Maintains focus on the specified objective.
How to get started writing your own essay using an example:
- Using your own topic, brainstorm as many ideas as possible relating to both the main idea as well as any supporting ideas.
- Explore the depth and complexities of your topic. Inject passion and ignite interest for the reader.
- Remember to also present the opposing viewpoint and some reasons why it’s accepted by some people.
- Write an introduction that has an amazing hook. It should be a summary of the body of the paper.
- Every paragraph should have its own main point, supported by evidence you provide.
Use an outline to streamline the writing process. You can organize your ideas and information in a reasonable manner using an outline. When you begin writing, it gives you a template to follow. It ensures you don’t forget an important part of your argument. It can also show you at a glance if you have covered the topic sufficiently to be convincing.